Wednesday 21 December 2011

Pouchogram

Today I had a Pouchogram to check if my pouch had healed or sprung any leaks!  I was really nervous about retaining the liquid in my pouch and was worried I might have an accident on my way home, but all was fine.  The radiographers were very nice and considerate of the procedure and talked me through it.  I had to lie on my left whilst a tube was inserted up my bottom.  A liquid was slowly inserted into the tube and my stoma started to bubble.  I moved onto my back and then on to my right whilst they took more images.  It wasn't painful only a little bit uncomfortable.  The X-Ray images looked incredible, the J-pouch appeared to hold all of the fluid and no obvious leaks were visible.  The radiographers however will look at all the images collected more closely and the result will take a few weeks.  Afterwards I emptied my pouch a few times and the liquid smelt strongly of aniseed.  I'm really relieved it has been done and hopefully I will get the ok for take down surgery.  


Wishing you all a Merry Christmas :) 









4 comments:

  1. Hey friend, so glad to hear that your pouch is lookin' good so far! Now your body is getting healthier... but it will take even longer for your mind to begin to heal from all the trauma you've been through. I think most of us could be diagnosed with PTSD. You have been through a lot, and I pray that God grants you the peace you seek as you process all you've endured!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Hannah :) Thank you so much. My doctor has said it sounds like I have PTSD, going to have some counselling. But I am starting to notice the difference and starting to feel better, I also feel really happy and very blessed. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family and your health allows you to enjoy it. Lots of husg x

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello,

    This is my first sight of your blog. Blogs are important for ourselves to write, but also for others to learn from. Thank you.

    I'm glad the pouchogram went well for you, and I hope the next stage does as well.

    A blog about this stage of the journey is very useful for me. I shall read it with great interest.

    I think Hannah could be right about PTSD.

    Happy New Year, and I hope it all goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turns out I was wrong, I had been here before.

    I've now read your whole blog and found lots to think about in it. Thanks for sharing your experiences. I will be checking back to see how you are.

    ReplyDelete