Thursday 15 December 2011

Post Op Assessment

Hello Bloggers,

I went for my post-op appointment last week which went well.  I was full of cold at the time! which is typical for this time of year.  I've had it for about two weeks, I feel a little better one day and the next I feel awful again.  I have got over the worse now and I'm feeling better.  Back to the appointment! So I got to the waiting room which was becoming more and more full by the second.  I was weighed by the healthcare assistant and then I went and sat back on my seat reading my book.  The Prof was in the hospital but late for clinic, it was running an hour behind.  I was called by another consultant who took my appointment.  She asked how I was, "full of cold" I said!  I told her about my aches and pains.  She questioned me about my weight as I had lost my pre-op month of gluttonous cake and protein supply!  Doctors always keep an eye on significant weight change, especially now I have a loop illeostomy which absorbs less.                                 
She was a very nice lady and made me feel instantly at ease.  She looked at my scar,which has healed well.  All went well and she filled the form for the x-ray department for me to have my pouchogram.  At the end of the appointment she asked me if I had any questions? Yes I said, "not in order of preference" I said, but "Can I go in a hot tub? Can I have sex? When can I go horse riding?  I know, I know, priorities people!  The answer was yes to all apart from the horse riding, which I think I will leave until the summer.  

Happy digesting people. 

L x

No comments:

Post a Comment