Wednesday 9 May 2012

6 Weeks Post Op

I went to my six weeks post op appointment today, I was really hoping to see my surgeon and get on top of things, but unfortunately I saw a doctor who has never seen me before.  I nearly cried as I realised he didn't have a clue, who I was, my situation and I really felt he wasn't up for the job!! I kept explaining to him that I feel I have fissures internally.  He told me I didn't have any strictures of the anastomosis!!! Who are you trying to kid!!!  Hmmm...thats why every two weeks since my surgery I have been seen by my surgeon and had to have dilation!!  He doesn't deal with J-pouches, and I felt that awful feeling of being desperate for someone to help me but it as all falling on deaf ears!!  He did an exam, which didn't achieve much as he didn't reach my stricture..what was the point!  And concluded that he would go and speak to the Professor....he left the room and I burst into tears.  He came back with the idea that I should use St Mark's Anal dilators, slowly going up in sizes.  Hmmm I thought I didn't have a stricture!  He told me to have more baths and that would help me also.  Well, thanks very much.  I have another appointment in six weeks time, so I will see how I go.  I really hope that I will feel a lot different in six weeks time, because I really can't cope with this for much longer.  I really wish I still had my stoma :(

No comments:

Post a Comment