Friday 23 November 2012

My first holiday abroad with a stoma :)

I really shouldn't be writing this, or sitting down watching Kirstie's Vintage home :) but I am! I should be packing!!!  Tomorrow at 5.45 am a taxi will come and collect us to take us to the airport.  This will be my first time abroad with a stoma, eeekk I am a little scared.  I'm hoping I have got my body to a good healing place and will keep well for the next 12 nights.  It has been quite a task making sure everything is organised for my holiday.  I will definitely write a post on what to take for a holiday, but once I get back.  

Life has been busy and I am slowly getting there, wherever there is!    I am now in an acceptance mode, I accept I have crohn's, I accept I will have a permanent stoma, I accept I will always deal with pain and I accept I may or may not need surgery again.  My illness has taught me to appreciate the little things, to not make big of the annoying things and to make the most of each and every day.  So I will make the most of this holiday and will try and remain calm and confident all will be all right.  

See you on the other side x

No comments:

Post a Comment