Thursday 4 October 2012

Talking Crohn's and babies


Be your own advocate :) I was yesterday, I went to the hospital for a post op check up.  A young doctor called my name and I walked in the room and thought!! No, you know nothing about my complex history and today I want answers.  So I asked to see my consultant :)  Sometimes you have to be confident and BE YOUR OWN ADVOCATE :)

I feel much happier as I now understand more of what has happened, so I have crohn's and I have never had   Ulcerative Colitis.  I'm slowly coming to turns with this and accepting it.  Some times I can deal with it and other times I feel sad, angry and frustrated.  I'm learning that it is ok to feel like this.

The very good news is I am officially allowed to start a family :) It's a fabulous feeling to know I have reached the place, were I am not on any medication and I don't have any planned surgeries coming up.  Prof has said I can go off and start and family :)  I am so super happy about this, as having children is my dream.  So although not an immediate plan it is such a good step in the right direction.


L x






No comments:

Post a Comment