Friday 27 July 2012

A new stoma :)

I had surgery last Monday to disconnect my pouch and form an end-illeostomy.  Unfortunately they had to open me up so I was very sore and still am.  My new stoma worked straight away, although very very slowly.  My wound is looking good and I am starting to feel better.  The pain in my bottom has decreased so I'm pleased.  It is a relief to have a stoma again, and I know I will always have one.  I hope that we will get on well! LOL!


According to my surgeon everything went well, there was some scar tissue but it was a normal amount and wouldn't be a problem.  They discovered a cyst on my right ovary and so drained this for me, so I was kind of lucky they saw this.  This shouldn't be a problem.  He didn't say much else, he was too busy! I am to go home and relax and just get on with life.  I am learning to not expect too much and just make the best of things as they are today.  I am on painkillers at the moment but no other medications.    So I know things could be a lot worse.  My mind is all over the place, stoma, no stoma and now stoma...forever.  Not the life I had planned that's for sure.  I pray to God I will now be able to resume a life that I so desperately want.  I want to be the best girlfriend ever because my boyfriend whom I love so much really deserves it.  He has been amazing during all of this and I want to make him happy.  I'm so overwhelmed by everything that has happened I feel that everything will always go wrong for me, what's next!?  I don't want surgery again, I don't want to go back to hospital, I just need a rest from it all.


So I'm home again, with a new stoma and trying to work out how  best to care for it, which bags, which seal etc.  I'm watching films and eating soft foods and drinking plenty of sports drinks. Everyday is a blessing and being home is wonderful.


No comments:

Post a Comment