Monday 21 November 2011

Staples and Stitches



On Friday I  had a very interesting experience I won't be forgetting in a hurry!  I went to the toilet! as you do! my pouch was feeling full and so was my stoma bag, so I went to do the necessary things when something made me go OUCH! O er misses!  Staples were coming out of my bottom :)  Yes people I am a human stapler!!  I was overwhelmed with panic at first and then after a second of realising I was ok and my new designer bowel wasn't going to fall out of my bum into the toilet, I was bursting with pride!  An experience not everyone has (luckily) but it is quite funny when you think about it.  So I sent a proud text to my boyfriend!! poor bloke.  I can report everything feels fine, I have had no more staples and my output is clear and blood free.  Woohoo! Blood free people, hoorrrayy!


Then on Saturday when people with energy and social lives are glaming themselves up for a night out.  I'm in the loo! AGAIN! Changing my stoma bag, Roo gets uncomfortable after two days, when a bag changes become a must.  Looking at my new stoma and inspecting the skin around it I realise that half my stitches have just fallen out on there own accord.  Whilst cleaning her up the rest of them fell out too.  So my body is on a roll and getting rid of these little invaders.  


My wound however has an annoying habit of tricking me into thinking it has healed and then re opens! Not a lot though, I don't want to be too dramatic, only less than a cm.  So again I've wiped out the steri-strips to get this wound closed up for good.



2 comments:

  1. Woot Woot! Hang in there, miss Laura! You are doing great! All kinds of strange sensations and experiences happen along the road of recovery! How fantastic to be blood free - haha- on the way back to being HEALTHY!
    Hannah ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes..I know I cant quite believe I am blood free after nearly three years...I'm getting there slowly but surely. I sent my surgeons thank you cards and let them know the good news. We are on the up, hope your well. By the way I loved the vlog with Dennis and Nadia, you should be very proud of yourself, keep up the good work x

    ReplyDelete