Sunday 9 October 2011

Letters: Good Bye Winnie


My Sister wrote me a funny letter the other day with an old writing set she had forgotten about, she thought it was highly appropriate! It did make me smile.




Hmmm She knows me too well!  I was crocheting when her letter came through the letter box :)


Tonight is the last night Winnie will be pooing away in my bag, I have had my dinner and I am allowed to have a piece of toast before I go to sleep.  Then I will wake up really early and drink my Pre Op drinks at 6.00am.  I will then make my way to the hospital and the surgical admissions lounge.


I have been very upset for the past couple of days and have done a lot of crying, I admit.  I am very scared, I can't deny, but I am also positive and geared up for this.  I don't expect it to be easy but I will try to remember that God wouldn't give me anything I can't handle.  I have put my faith in God.  I pray I will continue to have the strength to cope with the operation and what may come because of it.  I feel very anvious and nervous but I am also looking forward to having the last part of my disease removed from my body.


Worrying about tomorrow, will only take away the Peace of today.


L x

2 comments:

  1. Laura, been thinking of you and praying for you! I pray that all went well on Monday and that you are recovering well with minimal pain. I hope that God grants you patience and strength as your body adapts to the J pouch!
    Hannah ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Hannah, the op was very successful, had a blockage during recovery but quickly recovered. Just got home, so happy to be in my comfy bed again. Will catch up with you soon, hope your well x

    ReplyDelete